“Old” City Hall, 14th Street & Broadway, Oakland,
OaklandCalifornia

by

WorldWide Archive

“Old” City Hall, 14th Street & Broadway, Oakland,
View Larger
“Old” City Hall, 14th Street & Broadway, Oakland,
The town of Oakland was incorporated by the California state legislature on May 4, 1852. The original settlement in what is now the downtown was called “Contra Costa” (Other Coast), and was part of Contra Costa County until Alameda County was established in 1853. City government occupied the “Old” City Hall building from 1871 until it was destroyed by the 1906 San Francisco Earthquake. It was demolished when the new City Hall was completed in 1914 to make City Hall Plaza, now Frank H. Ogawa Plaza.

Collection of the Oakland History Room, Oakland Public Library
.tif36.2
As Shown: $32.48
Size:
Paper: Premium Photo Luster
Learn About Our Papers
or
Frame: Flat Espresso
Size: 31.6" x 25.5"
Paper: Premium Photo Luster
As Shown Framed Price
$282.40
or
Bookmark and Share