Oakland Long Wharf c1870
OaklandCalifornia

by

WorldWide Archive

Oakland Long Wharf c1870
View Larger
Oakland Long Wharf c1870
This massive railroad wharf and ferry pier, located at the foot of Seventh Street, was acquired and extended by the Central Pacific Railroad in 1868 to transport freight to San Francisco. It served as the western terminus of the first Transcontinental railroad when it was completed in 1869, where it connected to ferries that carried commuters and cargo between the Long Wharf and San Francisco. Part of the wharf was filled in between 1879 and 1882, creating a mole. It remained in service until 1958. Oakland history room
As Shown: $32.48
Size:
Paper: Premium Photo Luster
Learn About Our Papers
or
Frame: Flat Espresso
Size: 31.7" x 25.5"
Paper: Premium Photo Luster
As Shown Framed Price
$296.02
or
Bookmark and Share